TUITION AND FEES
Application fee $50
Tuition per three-credit course $735 ($245/hour)
Audit per three-credit course $367.50
Other Costs and Fees:
Average cost per course for used textbooks: $55
(Textbooks must be obtained elsewhere. See short syllabus for details.)
Experiential Learning Assessment fee: $82 per unit requested
Course Extension fee: $65 (see guidelines below)
CM549 or TH519 capstone course 3rd semester continuation fee: $245
Graduation ceremony fee: $165 (Participation in graduation is optional.)
In-person class fee: $165 (Participation in in-person classes is optional. This fee is nonrefundable unless the class is cancelled by GCS due to lack of enrollment.)
Total Program Costs:
Master’s Degree: $10,290 (add approximately $750 for books)
Master of Divinity: $17,890 (add approximately $1,200 for books)
Students with degrees or credits from schools in which English is not the primary language of instruction will have additional costs for TOEFL exam and transcript evaluation services.
Cancellation requests must be conveyed in writing to the Registrar and course professor. This will ensure any refund owed to you. Refunds will be given within thirty days of requests.
Refund policy for courses for credit:
- All tuition must be paid at time of registration. Class lectures are posted each Monday.
- For students who cancel before or during the first week, a refund of tuition shall be 100% of tuition paid.
- If a student withdraws from a course after the first week, the refund shall be 80% of tuition paid.
- If a student withdraws from a course after the second week, the refund shall be 70% of tuition paid.
- If a student withdraws from a course after the third week, the refund shall be 60% of tuition paid.
- If a student withdraws from a course after the fourth week, the refund shall be 50% of tuition paid.
- If a student withdraws from a course after the fifth week, the refund shall be 40% of tuition paid.
- If a student withdraws from a course after the sixth week, the refund shall be 30% of tuition paid.
- If a student withdraws from a course after the seventh week, the refund shall be 20% of the tuition cost.
- If a student withdraws from a course after the eighth week, the refund shall be 10% of the tuition paid.
- There will be no refund after the ninth week. A grade will be assigned based upon course requirements.
For example, if a student paid $735 for a course and withdrew in the fifth week, the refund would be 50 percent of the tuition paid: 735 x .5 = $367.50
Courses may be dropped with the posting of withdrawal (W) at any time through the ninth week of the semester. See the GCS Academic Catalog for grading policies regarding course withdrawals.
Refunds for audits are at the same weekly percentage as refunds for courses taken for credit.
Students may request a course extension of three weeks to complete assignments and tests. If students determine they will need a course extension, they must email the instructor and Registrar to request the extension on or before the Monday of the 10th week of the course (which is also the day final lectures are posted). If the extension is granted, payment must be made and all missing course work must be made up in consultation with the instructor within three weeks after the final paper was due, unless otherwise arranged. All course work and exams must be completed prior to registering for a new course.