- Applicants must be at least 21 years old.
- An accredited bachelor’s degree is required for entry into the master’s degree program. See exception below.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4-point scale) in highest degree earned.
- Non-native English speakers must demonstrate English proficiency through TOEFL scores (at least 550 on paper-based test, or 80 on the internet-based test) or a degree earned from institution where instruction is in English.
- Transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. and Canada may need to be evaluated by the World Educational Services and (if necessary) translated into English.
Exceptions to admission requirements:
- Students with a GPA between 2.5 and 3.0 in previous degrees may receive provisional acceptance. They must attain a grade of B or better in each of their first four GCS courses to be granted full acceptance status at GCS.
- Students without an accredited bachelor’s degree may petition for provisional acceptance, if they have extensive ministry experience and can demonstrate evidence that they are able to do graduate level work. A resume detailing work and ministry experience will be required, along with a writing sample describing graduate-level learning that has occurred during the ministry experience and prior training.
GCS Application Requirements
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Recommendation from pastor or professor
- Color copy of government-issued photo ID
- Letter to the dean (personal essay)